Senior Payment Analyst
Senior Payment Analyst
Asst Comm Payments (Finance)
*THE SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL BE OFFERED A SALARY BETWEEN $70,611.00 - $81,203.00*
The ACS Division of Financial Services (DFS) is responsible for supporting, planning, implementing, and monitoring the fiscal functions of the agency in accordance with City, State and Federal guidelines. The work of DFS includes managing the ACS budget; submission of monthly claims for revenue; processing of payments to provider agencies and vendors; monitoring the financial health of provider agencies through financial review and audits; maintenance of the ACS bank accounts; centralized oversight of ACS Child Welfare financial eligibility; and data maintenance for financial systems of record.
Payment Services within the DFS unit oversees and ensures all agency payments are accurately issued in a timely manner and in accordance with all governing directives. Payment Services processes monthly Child Welfare payment for over 300 contracted foster care, preventive and juvenile justice providers with multiple contracts, Housing and Adoption Subsidy/KinGAP payments for over 10,000 clients, Child Care for over 9,500 voucher providers and programs, as well as agency administrative payments totaling approximately 28,000 invoices each year. Payment transactions exceed 280,000 annually, totaling more than $2.04 billion dollars in expenditures.
The Payment Analyst is responsible for processing payments within Payment Services in Child Welfare/Juvenile Justice/Client Services and Administrative payment types, providing data entry support. These payments are processed under general supervision, with some latitude for independent initiative and decision making. Some examples of payments include Preventive, Fair Hearings, Miscellaneous Payments such as Out-of-Town travel, Employee Personal Expense, Sub-Imprest Funds and P-cards and ACS administrative contracts and purchase-order related payments.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide analytic and technical support for the issuance of payments to provider agencies and vendors, as appropriate.
- Utilize computer systems and programs such as the New York City Financial Management System (FMS), the NYC Procurement and Sourcing Solutions Portal (PASSPort), the New York State Benefits Issuance and Control System (BICS), the U.S. Bank access on-line system for P-card processing, and other internal systems to facilitate work assignments.
- Examine payment supporting documents to ensure all supporting documents are appropriate and in accordance with Terms and Conditions of related contracts and purchase orders.
- Maintain standardized payment processes and procedures, ensuring compliance with regulations, directives, and standards from City oversight entities such as the New York City Comptroller; responsible for reporting any discrepancies and issues to Management.
- Prepare spreadsheets and detailed reports for management, as needed.
- Responsible for records management, including scanning, acting as liaison with the warehouse and assisting Administration with document flow, as needed.
- Respond to questions and inquiries to assist with all customer service inquiries, including program areas, providers, the community, and vendors.
- Perform related tasks, as necessary.
1. A master’s degree from an accredited college or university, accredited by regional, national, professional or specialized agencies recognized as accrediting bodies by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) in economics, finance, accounting, business or public administration, human resources management, management science, operations research, organizational behavior, industrial psychology, statistics, personnel administration, labor relations, psychology, sociology, human resources development, political science, urban studies or a closely related field, and one year of satisfactory full-time professional experience in one or a combination of the following: working with the budget of a large public or private concern in budget administration, accounting, economic or financial administration, or fiscal or economic research; or in management or methods analysis, operations research, organizational research or program evaluation; or in personnel or public administration, recruitment, position classification, personnel relations, labor relations, employee
benefits, staff development, employment program planning/administration, labor market research, economic planning, social services program planning/evaluation, or fiscal management; or in a related area; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university, accredited by regional, national, professional or specialized agencies recognized as accrediting bodies by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and three years of satisfactory full-time professional experience in the areas described in “1" above.
This position is also open to qualified persons with a disability who are eligible for the 55-a Program. Please indicate at the top of your resume and cover letter that you would like to be considered for the position through the 55-a Program.
As a prospective employee of the City of New York, you may be eligible for federal loan forgiveness programs and state repayment assistance programs. For more information, please visit the U.S. Department of Education’s website at https://studentaid.gov/pslf/
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
Civil service title
ASSOCIATE STAFF ANALYST
Senior Payment Analyst
Number of positions
150 William Street, New York N